Thursday, September 13, 2007

My DH

So I have discovered that my honey has quite a few hidden talents. Besides of course his remarkable artistic ability he has a knack for photography. In particular photographing creepy crawly things or just plain old gross things. He finds it fascinating to get up close and personal shots of bugs and so forth. Then he likes to zoom in really close to see all the disgusting details of said slimy things. But who am I to discourage his new found interest. Perhaps if he got good enough he could make a career out of it. Maybe one day he could be the Jeff Corwin of spiders and snails. And maybe if we never find a design job he could become a photographer for National Geographic. Here are a few samples of his latest work. Enjoy!


This is a fly that was just about to die and crawling around on our floor.



This is about the biggest spider I've ever seen and he lives just outside our living room window. So far I have left him alone but I am quite tempted to relocate him. If only I were brave enough.



Let it be known that I hate snails and after this picture I think I hate them even more. GROSS!!



Another beautiful arachnid. I'm just glad neither of these creatures were inside my house.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

That is a pretty cool hidden talent.
In a weird way, the spider by your window looks kind of cute. Like furry and you can see his eyes.... but like you, I hate spiders.

Jen and Beth said...

That spider is anything but cute. You should come see it sometime. It's humongous and pretty scary if it moves. I watched it spin it's web the other night. Gave me the heebie geebies.

Ivan Luccion said...

Today Lili, Sofi and I gave it threw an ant into its web.
It was kinda sad, but really interesting to see the spider do its thing.

Jaclyn said...

Hi Jen,

Just saw your blog from Laurie's! Your girls are to cute!