Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Things Kids Say

Our kids have not been exposed much to the opposite sex. Sure they have boys that they play with but since they don't have a brother they have never seen one... in the buff. Last summer we went to visit my sister who has a little boy Matthew who is about 2. He was in the habit of taking off his diaper and running around in his birthday suit while we were there. That was Lili's first real lesson in human anatomy. She never really made much mention of it. She just looked at him kind of funny and I told her that boys and girls are different. That was that and nothing more was said.

Last night she was in the bathroom washing her hands with daddy when she says: "I don't have a mustache." "Nope, you're right." says daddy. Lili: "I don't have something living in my bottom but Matthew does." So either she doesn't know how to describe what she saw or she actually thinks it's alive. I hope it is the former otherwise we could have a real problem on our hands.

2 comments:

Hayde said...

Jen, hilarious, we have some friends who's little girl asked her mom why she had a beard on her bum! How would you answer that???
Anyway, that's funny that all this time later Lily brought it up!
I also wanted to thank you for being there with me when I got the news about my Mom. While you may not think that you are popular....you are kind, compassionate, and a really great friend. Thanks for that.
Hayde

Erin said...

I think this story is so funny. I've actually come back and read it a couple of times when ever I check your blog for new posts. When are you going to post something again?