Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Too long

I just noticed that it has been over a month since I blogged. How pathetic. There really has just been nothing to blog about in my opinion. We have had nothing exciting happening which I guess can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. I guess I should stop waiting to blog about our ever elusive family vacation which by the way will never happen. Every time we start thinking about going somewhere we remember that we don't have any money for a vacation. I have tried to come up with something cheap we could do like camping but it winds up it wouldn't be cheap since we have no camping gear to speak of. (Unless you count a 2'x 2' kids tent as camping gear)Then there is always the thought of the generic trip to California in the back of my mind. There is so much to do there and a free place to stay at my sisters, but oh yeah, it would cost us gazillions of dollars in gas just to get there. So anyway, there will most likely be no family vacation blog this summer. Blogs about being stuck at home (mostly because I'm too cheap to spend the gas to go anywhere) or an occasional trip to the pool will have to do unless by some miracle something exciting happens for us.

So this is what we've been up to the last little while. My niece was crowned Miss Grantsville. I'm not quite sure what it means since she doesn't get to go to the Miss Utah pageant but none the less, kind of exciting to have a local celebrity in the family. "I" gets to work from home on Fridays. He works 4 9 hour days and then 4 hours on Fridays. We love it because it saves us about 20 bucks in gas a week and we get to hang out together an extra day. Lili started gymnastics and not that I'm a proud mom or anything, but she is a prodigy. =) OK, maybe not a prodigy but she loves it and she is actually very good. All that jumping on my bed has really helped her have a step up on the trampoline skills.

I have 4 baby tomatoes on my tomato plant(and a baby pepper too). I am so excited because I have never grown anything before. Also, in addition to my Monday group (which is now on Wednesdays) I'm part of a scrap booking group that meets every week and a walking group that goes walking at the High School track every evening.(Side note: thanks to the walking and eating really healthy the last couple of months I have lost 20 pounds, yeah!!)

We also recently acquired a Wii. I know, you're probably thinking we could've gone on that vacation with the money we spent on the Wii, but actually, I'm pretty sure the Wii was cheaper, a lot cheaper. Anyway, we have had great fun with the games and the girls even get into them. Lili is actually quite a pro at boxing (neither Ivan nor I can beat her) and she's not bad at tennis either. Guitar Hero is my game of choice and I'm not too bad at it. I have even mastered a few songs in the "Hard" category.

So folks, that is about all that has been going on with us. I know, boring. I really am hoping for something more exciting to blog about in the next little while. Until then this will have to do.

1 comments:

Laurie said...

fun. i'm jealous of the wii.
And hooray for your little garden. it always tastes better fresh!