Friday, August 1, 2008

Feeling a bit sad

I've been feeling a little depressed lately. I've been trying not to dwell on it but I just keep being reminded of why I'm depressed. Why was that...oh yeah, because I am so baby hungry. Seriously folks, I want a baby so bad right now and every time I turn around I find out someone else is pregnant. It seems everyone I know is pregnant or has already passed me up in the baby category. I am happy for all of you but I am sad for me. I wish it were as easy for me to decide.."ok, let's have a baby" and wa la I can go ahead and get pregnant. Not so easy for me. I won't go into details but it's just not so easy for me to get pregnant. There are a lot of factors involved. Unfortunately I've been so busy taking care of the kids I do have that I haven't taken care of myself the way I should and that means no baby right now. We also have other issues such as our current living situation, no insurance etc...that are factoring into the baby equation.

I just want all of you who are my friends who are with child (so that would be just about everyone I know)to never take for granted what you have. Be grateful for the sickness, be grateful for exhaustion. Be grateful for a big belly and all the comments that come along with it. Be grateful for the pain that is to come and the sleepless nights that are inevitable. I would give anything for any of that right now.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks for a good reminder Jen! I don't know too much about the trial that you are facing, but it did take a year to get pregnant with Bentley and I can relate to a lot of the feelings you mention. I would have thought that heaven ran out of babies, except everyone else in the world seemed to be getting pregnant.

I can remember those feelings, but it is also amazing the feelings of overwhelmingness that accompany an unplanned, so-close-to-the-last-one kind of pregnancy :). It's amazing that the same person can have such contrasting feelings :)

Have you checked out the Afflack option? I know if you are on Afflack for three months before you are pregnant than you can get a pretty penny from them, though I am not sure if it would cover the entire cost. There were some websites (I checked all of this out while trying for Bentley) that had some great information, I can't remember them but I think they were like babycard or something. There was some insurance agent who told me about Afflack and a couple other options.

Anyway, hang in there, we did and eventually got the baby we wanted and another to spare ;) We are so excited for the new baby it just kind of knocked me off my feet for a bit :)

Lots of love!

Kristi

Laurie said...

no more complaints from me! I hope that things work out soon. Sometimes life doesn't go the way we want it to. Okay, that's most of the time.
We miss you guys.... let's go to the zoo or something!

Rivera Family said...

Hi Jen!
I was just thinking about you and wanted to say hello. Hang in there!