Friday, June 19, 2009

Missionary for an hour

So last night I get a phone call from the missionaries in our ward. They wanted to me help them teach a discussion (or I guess they call them lessons now) today. I hesitated. I thought of all the things I was planning on doing today and this just cut right into those plans. I thought about it for a few seconds and reluctantly agreed. I am so glad I did.

Honestly, I didn't think this lesson would happen. The family was supposed to come to the church for the lesson and they live a good 25 minutes away. When I got there a few minutes late and they weren't there I just knew they weren't going to show. To my surprise however they did show (45 minutes late but they showed). We had a wonderful lesson and this family is amazing. It was so wonderful to participate in missionary work again after so long. I was able to share my testimony with them, in Spanish mind you, and it was awesome. Who knows what will happen with this family but one thing is for sure, the spirit was there and it was testifying to all of us of the truthfulness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am so thankful that I didn't let the mundane things of the world prevent me from having one of the best experiences I've had in a long time. I love missionary work. I miss being a missionary and I had forgotten really how much I love the Latino people. I'm just wondering....what was your last missionary experience?

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Oh, Jen, you are such a great missionary! What a great experience for you! I am sorry that it is taking longer to make friends in WI. I think as we get older, we just get so busy that we do not always keep trying to make new friends. I appreciate your blog comments and love seeing your blog!
Peggy

Danielle said...

Hey Jen, just looking at your blog and wondering how you are doing. Glad you got to take part in the discussion. I've been a ward missionary for about 15 months now and am loving it. I get to sit in on discussions fairly often and follow up and contact people. It is fun!