Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why?

(Note to all readers: This post is meant for therapeutic reasons only on the part of the author. If you choose to read this post you may be subjecting yourself to negativity and cynicism. Read at your own risk.)

Why? That is a question I have been asking myself a lot lately. Why aren't we moving to Florida? Why not Texas either? Why on earth did we just spend the last 3 and a half years sacrificing our time and money (that we didn't have) to finish school when we are in the same place we were 3 years ago? Why does everyone else get a job right after graduating and we are still stuck here? Why did we get ourselves into a ton of student loan debt going through school only to be making the same we would've been making had we stayed at our job that we had before going to school? Why do we have to still be poor? Why do some people get flat screen TV's and Wii's for Christmas and we have to take back all of our presents in order to pay our electricity bill etc...? Why doesn't GM have a contract job for us? Why have we not seen the fruit of our labors? Why are we stuck in such a state of non progression? WHY have I been sentenced to life in Utah? (sorry to all my Utah friends, that's not to offend you, I just would rather live somewhere else.)

Why? Why? Why? I have not come up with the answer to any of these questions as of yet. I am hoping that soon I will receive some answers so that I can get some sleep and stop feeling so depressed over all of this.

Other things that are happening in my world: Sofi is driving us all nuts. I now believe there really is a thing called the terrible 2's. I deal with her temper tantrums all day everyday. I'm about to pull my hair out. God help me!

Also, we got a cat. We rescued her from the shelter. We love her, she is the best cat ever. She's quiet and well mannered and tolerates the kids. I was going to post about her and put a picture but I can't find the cord to upload my pictures to the computer. Argg!

I hope this post wasn't too much of a downer. I guess I need all of my friends to know just what I'm going through right now. I promise to try and post something better next time.

6 comments:

G said...

I know I don't even really know you, but I thought I'd delurk to say, "Good Luck." I feel your pain. Someday you too will escape Utah!!!

Erin said...

I'm sorry things aren't working out like you want them too. Life is SO frustrating!!! I have nightmares about student loans, not getting a job after school, staying in utah forever, etc and I hope the best for you. If you need away from your kids for awhile so you and Ivan can do something and go relax and forget about the stupid world we live in please call me. I would love to watch your kids. In fact, can I PLEASE watch your kids this weekend for you. I want to. Will you guys please pick out a movie to go see (at the dollar theatre) or do whatever you want for tomorrow night and drop your kids off around 6:00 and don't come back until after 10:00. I will be waiting for a call from you to confirm for tomorrow.:) This too shall pass eventually. Eventually things have to get better. The lord can't let people who work their butt off suffer forever. Eventually there will be something more wonderful than you could ever imagine and when it happens you will be laughing about these times while vacationing in South America with your Hubby and his Hummer.

Kristi said...

Hey Jen. Aw man. I am so sorry. All I can say that is at the times of my life where I have asked "why" I usually find out the answer quite a bit later, but it is usually a pretty good answer. In particular when it took over a year to get pregnant, I found myself asking why a lot, we felt the spirit telling us we should have another kid, so why wasn't it working? I feel like I know why now. And when your job comes and you end up where you are supposed to be you will know why it all happened too, and no doubt it will be for a good reason.

Until then however, I don't know how serious you were being about your bills and stuff...but I used to work for the HEAT program and they help people pay their utility bills. It is an awesome program designed for people like you---anyone, students, etc.-- that feels the sting of those high utility bills in the winter. We got about $400 a year that went directly to Questar and Provo City, it really helped us out a lot. As did WIC, etc. Anyway, I know a lot of people have issues using those programs, but I feel like they were designed for people who need temporary help, which is exactly what students and recent grads need. Anyway, if you want more info e-mail me!

Jaclyn said...

I know what will cheer you up! The lettering I was suppose to send you. Email me so I can get your right address!
Jaclyn

Erin said...

Hey I'm sorry I forgot to call you back yesterday. Claire has been sick so she didn't nap when Caleb did and I was busy dealing with her. I saw something today in the newspaper that I thought you might want to know. Ivan does Graphic Design right? If he does there is an add in the newspaper it says "'New Today' Graphic Designer: fast growing. on-line traning company seeks full-time person with HTML & CSS skills and experience w Abode Suite- esp. photoshop, javascript & XML a plus. Excellent pay & benefit package. Apply at careerstep.iapplicants.com.

I thought you might be interested. If Ivan isn't even a graphic design major than I'm retarded. I thought he did something in graphics.

Laurie said...

I'm so sorry. I wish there was more I could do for you. Hug!