Friday, February 8, 2008

Free stuff

I love getting stuff for free. Who doesn't? Take today for instance. We splurged a little and met daddy for a lunch date. We have not done that in forever. I guess we were feeling pretty rich since it was pay day so we went to Chili's (Lili's idea). And I have to admit that nothing makes me happier than having a good meal with out me having to do a thing but just sit there and be served. However our food took much longer than we imagined. A lot longer. Our server never even came to check on us and we had run out of water to drink. I was getting a little antsy. I didn't even see her anywhere to flag her down. I was getting annoyed. FINALLY she came to the table to give us water. I asked about our food and told her we had been waiting a long time. After all, Ivan only has an hour lunch. So we finally got our food brought out to us by the manger who apologized profusely. Now the good part. We got the girls' food free and then he gave us an envelope with some gift certificates that would cover nearly a whole meal for all of us. Score! I love it when that happens. Of course we had to be extremely annoyed (and had to pay for our food) in order to get our free stuff but I'd have to say it was worth it.

I had another free stuff thing happen this week. My sister in Cali called me on Tuesday and asked me if I had any secret desire to own a Bosch. Uh....YEAH! I've been wanting one for years but figured it would have to wait until we were settled into a real job. Hallelujah! Just so happens her neighbor was giving away her Bosch. She said she had prayed about who to give it to and she just kept thinking of my sister. Funny, because my sister already owns a Bosch. My sister was very gracious and asked if it was alright to give it to her sister. I feel so lucky. But that's not even the best part. It also just so happens that a good family friend who lives in Salt Lake is heading down to CA for the weekend and will bring me back my Bosch. Funny how things work out sometimes. Now I just need a wheat grinder and I can be the true granola that I know is inside of me!

1 comments:

Erin said...

Anything and Everything is better when they are free or pretty close to free. I am so jealous you are getting a bosch blender. I have wanted one for quite a while, I have a bosch hand mixer and I absolutely love it I use it all of the time. You will have to let me know how the big mixer works and good luck with the wheat grinder those are so cool to have because they can help alot with food storage and emergencies. Have you thought of just getting a hand wheat grinder then you can use it in emergencies too. Also I love your cute little card you made, it looks professional like you bought it out of an expensive store. I wish I liked stamp stuff more, I know I would like it if I would just give into it but I can't get myself to like scrapbooking just because I know it can be expensive to do but then again I just spent 45.00 on a cross stitch project and I still have to buy more for it and then when its done it will probably sit in the closet because its to expensive to custom frame it. Maybe I should scrapbook. Call me sometime next week.