Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Since some of my friends now know and since I am feeling a little less embarrassed to tell the whole world, I am letting you all know that we are moving. It is not by choice either. We have to be moved out of our house by March 15th. I am very sad and very very scared but I know that everything will work out in the end. I am actually taken back by the love and concern that has been showed to us the last couple of days. We've already had 3 offers from friends for us to live with them. Since I like my friends and want to still be friends we have declined those offers but I am very very grateful for them and their willingness to share.

So who knows what will happen to us. For now our plan is to live in one of my sister's rental houses for a little while until we know what we are doing. Heaven knows I don't want to live in Grantsville but at least the rent will be super cheap and my girls will get to see their cousins more.

Now it's time for my bawl session. I love my house. This place has been my home for 4 years. It is really the only home I've had since the home I grew up in. I've had my babies here (literally had them here...in the house), we've grown into a family here. We have painted it crazy colors because that is who we are and now we have to leave it. I guess I would feel different if we were leaving for good reasons. For a job somewhere and a new adventure but since it's not that way it is super super hard. We are going backwards here. I thought we were supposed to be progressing. All I know is that the last year of my life has been about the hardest I can imagine. The Lord has seen fit to stretch me as far as I can go and then a little more. I only hope that I am proving my worthiness. Most of the time I feel I am not but I am trying. So now I have to get my act together and pack like crazy. The thought overwhelms me more than you can know. I have no idea how to pack a whole house. I've only ever had to pack myself up really and that's nothing. Now I have to pack myself, a husband, 2 kids and a piano....a very very heavy piano. Yikes. Any strong men want to come help us on the 15th??

3 comments:

Hayde said...

Jenny,
You are stronger than you realize right now. But it's ok to cry, and feel overwhelmed and sad and all the rest. I'll come and help when I bring the boxes ok? I, sadly, am an expert at packing...though this last time stuff was wildly being thrown into laundry baskets...I couldn't take it anymore. The move before last went alot more smoothly because I had a method to my madness. If you'd like, I'll come and help get a couple of rooms started and finished! I love ya Jen. You are such a committed mommy and such a great wife. Heavenly Father is going to bless you, in fact even though it may not seem like it now, you are being blessed with the insight and ability to be able to recognize and feel empathy and compassion for people whom you will one day be able to serve and love as they find themselves in similar circumstances. Stay brave, remember all the great stuff you are made of... you are your mother's daughter!
Love, Hayde

Unknown said...

Jen, I am so sad you're moving. You are so great, and I'm so happy that I go to know you. Seriously let me know if you need any help -- I'm home ALL the time! :) If you need help on the 15th I'll make sure to send Dale over there, we have no plans.

Peggy said...

Jen, at least this makes you closer to me! ( At list I think grantsville is closer.) I can help pack if you would like....
Peggy