Wednesday, February 6, 2008

To stamp or not to stamp

Lately I've been quite into doing crafty things. In particular making cards and other cute paper things. I love it. It helps me be creative and it's a good distraction from all the poopy things going on in my life. Last night my wonderful friend Laurie had a Stampin' Up party. I was so excited to go because I love their stuff and I was determined to actually buy something. (Last week I sold something on Craigslist just so I''d have money for it). I wound up spending nearly twice as much as I had planned but that's because they were having a deal where if you spend $50 you get a free stamp set and of course, I love free stuff so....I just had to do it. Besides, it is all stuff I "need".

Then I got to thinking, what if I become a demonstrator? Would I get a good discount? Could I earn enough money to support my habit? Would it be fun? The thought has actually crossed my mind before but I've thought that there is no way that I'm talented enough to do it. So I am in a dilemma folks. What do I do? I want to do it. I want to do it for the social aspect of meeting new people and hanging out with gal pals doing girly stuff. I want to do it for all the stuff I could buy to make cute things. It's a little bit of an investment though. Ahh....what do I do? My husband actually supports me in my endeavor but do I feel confident enough to go through with it? "Sigh". I will mull over it for a little while and get back to you with my decision. Feel free to weigh in with your opinion.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I think it is obvious Jen- DO IT! I think this is an answer to one of your prayers. It is something to put energy in to and to make you happy and I think you would be great at it and then when the job comes you can take it with you wherever you go. Yes. Definite yes. You will be awesome.

Erin said...

I definitely think you should do it. Even if you don't make any money out it in the end at least you will have cool supplies, new friends, and you will be a happier more confident person. I definitely think you should do it. Every stay at home mom needs something to do to keep them sane, and you need something that is just for you to do that is just your thing and nobody elses in the house. I definitely think you should do it.

Jaclyn said...

Go For IT!