Thursday, March 20, 2008

Back by popular demand!

Since everyone seems to want me to keep blogging I guess I will have to oblige. I guess I had been in one of my moods last time and really really just wanted to quit the blogging thing. I have thought it over however and have decided that my life really isn't so bad after all. My mom used to always say that things never turn out as bad as we think they will. It has proven true over and over. I thought I would be super depressed over leaving my house and moving so far away from my friends and all I know but it hasn't been that bad actually. Maybe it hasn't hit me yet but I'd like to think that I won't ever be sad about my house.

Granstville is turning out to be quite nice really. I enjoy the quiet a lot. The most that I ever hear is an occasional car (oh, and yesterday a tractor went by....the joys of living in the country!). Ivan even saw an owl in the tree outside our house this morning. So cool. Here is my short list of the good things about living in Grantsville:

1. So so quiet
2. I can see the stars bright and clear
3. Fresh air!
4. A yard to play in! Yeah!
5. Being in a family ward
6. I can go to the grocery store and not have to deal BYU students making out in the aisles
7. No traffic
8. My car insurance is lower (due to the fact that there is no traffic!)
9. living close to my sister
10. no annoying noisy neighbors that leave their trash and tobacco remnants in front of my house.

The only things I could do without are not having a dishwasher and being so far away from everything. I miss Target and Costco.

So I guess I will keep on blogging so that you all can keep up with us. Hopefully I will have a lot of happy stuff to write about.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Jen, I am so glad you are back blogging!!! I just randomly clicked on your link from my blog and thought "Oh there's not going to be anything there" and then TADA there was. I'm so glad things are turning out better than you expected them to be. I've been thinking about you guys all week wondering how you guys were doing. I lived in a small town in Northern Utah and it does have its perks. Me and John both really miss the stars that you can't see in places like Provo and the tracker driving by with the old man in overalls (that would be Johns grandpa :)). Its hard not having a Target or Costco by your house either but I would just think of it in a different way and think "the less stores around me the less money I can spend and the more money I can save in the end." Keep in touch and if you are ever in the provo area let me know and we can do lunch or something. Good luck.

Jaclyn said...

OH, I grew up in a small town and seriously that is how life should be.
There is nothing like it. Most people in small towns are so kind friendly, and humble.

Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Jen, I'm so glad you're doing well and enjoying your new place! It sounds nice. Especially the part about no BYU students around while shopping. :) It'd also be so awesome to be able to have a yard for the kids. I'm glad you decided to keep blogging, you're an awesome writer! I love reading your blog.

Peggy said...

Jen, I am so glad you are a blogger again. I love Grantsville! It will be nice to enjoy the summer out there!

Laurie said...

I'm happy to hear you like it. I have been meaning to call you and check,.... I guess I'm a bad friend. We miss you though.