Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Pet Peeve#541

Moms who make their kids pay for their own stuff at the store. In Utah this results in short-line deception. What you thought was one person in front of you in line has suddenly turned into six people. To make matters worse the younger five have a little difficulty counting out change so what you thought was going to be a 2 minute wait has now turned into 20. Believe me, I'm all for teaching kids about money and spending wisely yada yada yada.....but maybe we could do this on an individual basis or perhaps playing store at home might be an alternative. Better yet, just send your kid to the store by himself, I'm sure he'd learn then.

1 comments:

Erin said...

I'm with you on this. I want to teach my kids about saving and buying and all that jazz but there's an appropriate time to do it at the store. I hate when you think you are only going to be in line for a few minutes and it turns into taking longer than it did to do your shopping.