Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Brown Mouse Brown Mouse

Let it be known that I hate mice. I especially hate them in my house. A few weeks ago we had a visitor of the afore mentioned species. Sighting number 1 occurred after I had gone to bed and "I" was still up watching TV. He made mention of it to me the next morning and I wasn't very happy about it but I wasn't panicked either. After all, I had not seen the mouse.

Sighting #2 happened 2 days later on Sunday afternoon. Again, I was asleep, taking my much deserved Sunday nap. The mouse came out in pure daylight and skipped across the kitchen floor while Lili sat at the table having a snack and while Ivan watched from the living room. Again, I wasn't panicked because I had not seen the mouse.

Sighting #3, Monday morning, in my bedroom. I saw the mouse run out from under my bed and then back under my bed and then back out and finally under my bed again. This time I panicked. I screamed, I wailed, I cried hysterically and then I set out to the store to buy every kind of mouse trap I could find.



What I probably looked like when I saw the mouse!

That evening after setting the traps we went out to get our final defense in the fight against the mouse: a relative's cat. Accept when we got home this is what we found:


I really wish he would've gotten caught in the other trap instead of us having to get rid of him alive. Poor thing. I hope he passed on peacefully inside of his plastic bag in the dumpster. RIP little mouse.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ew, Ew, Ew!! I totally understand the whole mice issue in the house. When me and john first got married we lived in his parents house while they were gone for work and I knew there were mice because it was an old house but I never imagined hearing them in the night or coming up the stairs from getting out of the shower and seeing 3 little mice running into my room. I got to where I would never go anywhere in the house without shoes on, in fear that I would step on them or their little waste (poo). I'm glad you were able to get rid of the little guy and hopefully there are no more to follow.

Jaclyn said...

That grossed me out looking at the pictures!