Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Stuck

I'm wondering if any of my friends feel a need to head out of the city and go for a ride to the country for a day. I fear I may become quite lonely and perhaps even go berserk. My van is broken. Sad sad day for me. We knew it was coming, the starter has been acting up for a long time but since we never had any money to fix it we just prayed it would keep working for us and it did.....until Sunday. It would not start for us and consequently we were nearly late for church. Lucky for us they run on Mormon standard time here. We all piled into "little red" ,the girls without their car seats no less, and drove our little country bumpkin selves to the church 6 blocks away. Good thing church was so close and that we do live in a place with absolutely no traffic.

Anywho, we still lack the fundage to fix our van (partly because Ivan had to take 3 days off last week to go to an interview in Kansas City) so I just might go crazy being stuck in Grantsville for the next few weeks until we can get it fixed.

Oh, and if any of my friends feel like hosting a Stampin' Up! party for me so I can earn some extra cash to fix my van then I would greatly appreciate that as well. =) (except you might have to come pick me up =) ).

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Sad for you! I hope your van gets fixed soon. How long does it take to get to Grantsville from here? Maybe we could swing it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ivan Luccion said...

The weather warmed up a little bit... and the van started. Nice.
Still very unpredictable though.