Friday, May 9, 2008

Groupie for a Day

Since my life is pretty much like "Groundhog Day" I decided to create a little excitement for myself today. I took a little trip....a trip back in time. Back to the time of pimply faced prepubescent boys, braces and bottle cap glasses. A time when hanging pictures of New Kids on the Block all over my room was a very cool thing. A time when the biggest worry I had was whether I would happen to see my "true love" that day AND if he would say anything to me or not. Boy oh boy, those were the days. Yes indeed, 13 was such a great age....NOT!

So back to today, if you know me well enough you will know that I am a HUGE fan of American Idol. I love it. I've watched it faithfully since ...about the middle of the first season, when I discovered it. I seriously can't get enough of it and I go through withdrawals throughout the week just waiting for Tuesday to arrive so I can get another fix. Nothing can be planned on Tuesday nights because AI is on. (I can't tell you how many times I have chosen AI over enrichment...is that bad??) Wednesday nights...same thing. I love love love American Idol. I even love Simon.

This season of course has been no different. I have taken a particular liking to little David Archuleta. I fell in love with his voice during his first audition and have been routing for him since. Maybe it's because he's a Utah boy and who doesn't want to route for the home town kid? Maybe it's just that he puts a smile on my face when I hear him sing (do I sound 13 yet?). Who knows what it is. I just like him. So of course when I heard he was coming home for a big celebration I just had to be a part of it. That's right, I dragged my sorry 30-something self (and my 2 little kids) to the Gateway mall today to see the child prodigy in person. I was not prepared for what I would experience. There I was, and old lady (practically old enough to be his mother...ok..aunt)amongst a multitude of screaming teeny-boppers (do they still call them that?))just to catch a glimpse of good ol' Archie. And you know what? It was so fun! I loved it! I felt young again and for a brief moment there was something to be exited about. I didn't scream but I did laugh (mostly because I couldn't believe all the mayhem over this kid) and I took a few pictures. I hope you enjoy....and I hope you vote for him because I really really do want him to win. (just a note, I want Archie to win but I still do like the other David very much and will vote for him too...at least this week). Anyway, if you're a David Archuleta fan enjoy the pics.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen I totally love that you went to see him! He is an amazing singer! I think it's awesome that you went. I'm glad you had a good time.

reyesohana said...

Jenn!
I soooo enjoyed that post. I wish I were as fun and carefree as you. I love watching AI. We really should try to get together for a night. How about an AI party for the finale? I would be willing to host. So fun to read your post and see the pics.

Jaclyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaclyn said...

You are practically famous now for seeing him in person. If it makes you feel any better I have seen Clay Aiken 2 times in concert.